“33% of workers aged 50 - 64 have a disability.”
Three Step Case Management Process
Our Three-Step process facilitates referrals, case management and recording of relative and pertinent data to help understand the value of the service and return on investment.
Set up protocols to facilitate referrals of cases to PDM as well as the management of cases internally/externally. We work with you to define guidelines for selecting which files will be referred to PDM for the facilitation, along with required documentation and template forms to allow PDM to gather and share required information relative to the employees' disability management and accommodation requirements for a return to work.
- PDM will designate consultants who will provide case management services.
- PDM refers file to consultant same day
- Within 24 hours PDM will contact employee for a telephonic interview - focusing on return to work initiatives - understanding barriers to expedite solutions
- Generate a report to the employer with recommendations; collect medical focusing on RTW initiatives
- Project RTW prognosis
- Schedule regular follow ups with key stakeholders on a per case requirement to the concluding phase of the file
Review and collate data collected relative to disability management costs for benchmarking purposes. A monthly report summary will be provided outlining the following:
- Total number of referrals to PDM
- Total number active/closed files
- Departments employee works in
- Case management status and cost breakdown (including type of disability - duration of file life, RTW start and projected end date and associated costs from onset to closure, as well as costs to date on active files,)
- Category of the referral (i.e. STD/Accommodations/Type of Disability - i.e. physical, psychological, surgical)